What is online interior design?
Why use an online interior designer?
Online interior design allows you to have access to professional design services and interior designers from the comfort of your home. It is also referred to as E design or virtual design.
It is very convenient to communicate with an interior designer online because of the technology we all have access to now. You can chat with your designer by phone, text or email with any device and purchase services directly from the designers website.
Traditional designers charge +150 hr but online design now allows interior designers to provide services at a much lower cost. You will save on the cost of a traditional interior designer b/c you can skip on the following fees:
- travel time for meetings
- site measures
- boardroom bookings
- purchasing furniture
- overseeing installations
Why is online design so popular now?
With Pinterest and so many online design resources these days, people are more sophisticated about design and are able to find looks that they like but sometimes have trouble putting it together.
Sometimes you just need a little direction design direction from a professional.An online designer can assist you with the following design services:
- designer selected furniture pieces for your specific space
- custom design an entire room(s) based on your budget
- answer any design questions that you may have
- provide you with a shopping list of furniture and accessories for your room
- provide you with a shopping list of finishes for your new kitchen or bath or renovation
All design work can be complete online by chatting with a designer via text, chat or email.
The services online designers provide will vary from one company to another but generally the scope of work will be smaller than if you were to work with a traditional design firm. We provide the following services optimized for online design:
- Custom curated (designer hand picked) room furniture packages available for immediate purchase…no waiting and no surprise fees. You choose the furnished room you like from a multitude of different style options. We send you the shopping list immediately. Traditional designers charge a lot to order and install the furniture for you.
- Custom curated renovation finish packages. You choose the finishes package you like and we will send you a shopping list. This is helpful for renovation projects where you require a designer to hand select all plumbing fixtures, countertop, backsplash, flooring, cabinet, hardware. You can provide this shopping/specification list to your contractor or finishes supplier for purchase or pricing.
- Custom new room design packages where you tell us what you like or don't like, send us a few snapshots and measurements of your room, and we select the furniture and accessories for your space. You will receive a floor plan, a shopping list of your furniture, and a moodboard showing all pieces.
- We can answer all your design questions with our "Ask a Designer" service. You tell us about your design dilemmas and we provide design solutions within 48 hrs.
- We have an online Ask a Designer Q&A blog where you can view our customer interior design questions and answers.